The first time I made this for my boyfriend, he took it to work and texted me saying it was one of the most delicious salads he has ever eaten (and it provides 4 of your 5 a day).
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 carrots, cut into wedges
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- half a red onion, finely chopped
- 100g rocket
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g pack cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), drained and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 200g pot houmous
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- small bunch mint, leaves picked
- 200g block feta cheese
Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
Toss the parsnips, carrots and cherry tomatoes with the oil and some seasoning in a large roasting tin. Cook for 30 mins, tossing halfway through cooking.
Add the beetroot to the tin and drizzle over the honey, then return to the oven for 10 mins.
Spread the humus thinly over a large platter, or divide between plates. Scatter the rocket leaves and the chopped red onion on the plates.
When the veg is ready, drizzle with the vinegar and toss together in the tin.
Tip the roasted vegetables on top of the humus, scatter over the mint and cheese, drizzle with any juices from the tin and serve.